Pierre J.-L. Plourde
Barrister & Solicitor since 21 July 2006
Notary Public since 10 August 2006
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Pierre J.-L. Plourde, Barrister, Solicitor & Notary Public is a sole practitioner doing litigation in family and criminal law in Ajax, Ontario. Pierre works out of his home with his dogs, Lizzie and Picasso, and his cat, Harry, and will do house calls, meeting clients at their home, work, or wherever the client feels comfortable meeting. Pierre's family law practice includes both matrimonial (separation and divorce) and child protection (CAS) work. Pierre's criminal law practice involves the defence of any kind of offence, but youth law and firearms & weapons law is of particular interest. Pierre and his wife, Jennifer, are recreational shooters and involved with firearm-rights organizations.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 60% Family Law
- 40% Criminal Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 2006
University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- LL.B. - May, 2005
- Beaverbrook Scholar
- Law Journal: UNB Law Journal, Associate Editor, 2003 - 2004
Université de Moncton, Moncton, Canada
- B.Sc. - May, 1995
- Honours: Dean's List
- Major: Chemistry
- R. v. Douglas,  O.J. No. 3078 (Ct.J.), Devlin J.
- R. v. Douglas,  O.J. No. 2156, 74 W.C.B. (2d) 569, 2007 CanLII 20113 (Sup. Ct. J.), Ferguson J.
- R. v. B.B.,  O.J. No. 3813, 2007 ONCJ 428, Bellefontaine J.
- R. v. Bernard,  O.J. No. 5885, MacLean J.
- Spicer v. Learning,  O.J. No. 5033, 173 A.C.W.S. (3d) 530, 2008 CanLII 65592 (Sup. Ct. J. (Fam. Ct.)), Ingram J.
- R. v. W.M.,  O.J. No. 1116, 2009 ONCJ 115, De Filippis J.
- R. v. A.A.,  O.J. No. 2968 (Ct. J.), Lancaster J.P.
- Keller v. Keller,  O.J. No. 129, 2013 ONSC 294, Timms J.
- R. v. Baksh,  O.J. No. 5321, 117 W.C.B. (2d) 269, 2014 CarswellOnt 15705, 2014 ONCJ 591, Block J.
- Durham Children's Aid Society v. J.L.B.,  O.J. No. 5371, 2016 ONSC 6405, Nicholson J.
- Durham Children's Aid Society v. L.T.,  O.J. No. 643, 2017 ONSC 1026, Hughes J.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Criminal Lawyers' Association, 8 March 2005 - Present
- Durham Region Law Association, 1 January 2008 - Present
- Family Lawyers' Association, 20 September 2017 - Present
- Canadian Bar Association, 1 March 2003 - 31 July 2010
Past Employment Positions
- Heller, Rubel, Student-at-Law, 1 May 2005 - 20 July 2006
- Fry & Plourde, Barrister & Solicitor, 21 July 2006 - 20 December 2007
- Pierre J.-L. Plourde, Barrister, Solicitor & Notary Public, Barrister, Solicitor & Notary Public, 21 December 2007 - 30 September 2010
- Metelsky Plourde LLP, Barrister, Solicitor & Notary Public, 1 October 2010 - 28 February 2014
You deserve efficient, professional, legal services with a lawyer you will feel comfortable speaking to. For your convenience, I will travel anywhere within the Durham Region to meet with you at no extra cost, including at your home.